Join Our Team
The Excel Center is currently hiring for the following position:
For more information about any open positions, please email Robin Mitchell at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Goodwill Learning Academy Coach
Target Start Date: December 1st, 2023
Salary Range: $55,000 - $60,000
What is The Goodwill Learning Academy:
The Goodwill Learning Academy (GLA) is a program of Goodwill of Finger Lakes that will support vulnerable adult learners, connecting them with adult education programs across the region and providing consistent scaffolded support to ensure persistence in their programs of choice. In year one of the project, starting in November of 2023, the GLA Coach will begin working with adults with an initial goal of serving thirty students in the first year of operation. The central theme of our work is built around the Vygotsky theory; Connect, Scaffold, Persist. In June 2024, we will begin the construction of our physical space so that the Academy can begin to offer academic services. The coach will work with the school director as part of the GLA administrative team to build best practices for the organization, as we build this start-up education program. The Goodwill Learning Academy is the first phase in bringing an Excel Center to Rochester, NY. To learn more about the Excel Center and our vision for the future, please visit; www.excelcenterny.org
The Goodwill Learning Academy is seeking a Lead Coach to oversee the coaching department at our future, tuition-free academy for adults in Rochester, NY. In addition to serving as the primary point of contact for students, the coach will also supervise the coaching staff as the program grows. In year one, the coach will work directly with our school director to begin building the best practices for the program.
- Will deeply integrate within the local Rochester community to build connections with potential students including those without high school diplomas, college dropouts and those seeking to return to adult education. Will develop a caseload of thirty students in the first year.
- Will maintain strong and positive partnerships with local adult education providers.
- Will serve as the primary point of contact for students, providing guidance and support in navigating their program of choice and helping overcome academic challenges.
- Will collaborate with students to develop and maintain individualized success plans that address their academic, career, and personal goals.
- Will work closely with students to identify and remove barriers to success, including transportation, childcare, and other logistical challenges.
- Will provide ongoing guidance and support to help students manage their workload and balance their academic and personal responsibilities.
- Will coordinate with other staff members to ensure that students have access to the resources and support they need to succeed.
- Will participate in outreach and recruitment efforts to attract and retain students.
- Will work closely with the school director and leadership team to ensure the academic and personal success of our students.
- Will maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student progress and program activities.
- Will maintain a commitment to professional development. GLA will provide regular opportunities for learning and development that ensures individual growth that concurrently supports the quality of GLA programming.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, or a related field
- Experience supervising and mentoring staff members.
- Knowledge of effective strategies for supporting adult learners and addressing barriers to success.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff members to meet the needs of students.
- Commitment to the GLA’s mission.
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment.
The Goodwill Learning Academy is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive work environment where all employees are valued and respected. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.
Goodwill of the Finger Lakes and its subsidiaries encourage diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Veteran/Disability
To apply for this position please visit the following link at Goodwill of Finger Lakes: Apply for Coaching Position